Apply now! TOMODACHI Alumni Speaker at the U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference in Washington D.C.
TOMODACHI Alumni are invited to apply for the TOMODACHI Global Leadership Speaker Award 2023 to become a TOMODACHI Alumni Speaker at the 2023 U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference to be held in Washington D.C. on November 7-9, 2023.
This year the Closing Plenary will focus on the next generation and we are putting together a panel titled, “Empowering the Next Generation: Harnessing Mentorship for Cross-Generational Collaboration and Connection.”
We aim to highlight the importance of mentorship for cross-generational collaboration and connection, while showcasing exceptional young leaders from the TOMODACHI alumni community with hopes of inspiring action and fostering understanding of the impact these programs and connections can have on our next generation leaders. We aim to do all of this while we reinforce the conference theme of building a sustainable, secure, and inclusive future together.
We are looking for TOMODACHI Alumni who can share their experiences at the U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference in Washington D.C.!
Deadline for Submissions: September 20th 2023 (Wednesday) at 5pm Japan Time
- Travel: Up to $2000.00 USD will be available for selected TOMODACHI Alumni to travel to Washington D.C. to attend and speak at the U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference held on November 7-9, 2023. Exact amounts will be determined when the alumni speakers have been selected.
- Lodging: Three nights of lodging will be provided at the Renaissance Hotel in Washington D.C.
- Meals provided: Tuesday Dinner, Wednesday Lunch, and Thursday Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Conference Entrance Fee: Usually $400 for regular attendees, $300 for U.S.-Japan Council members, and $200 for Associate members. For those who are selected, this entrance fee will be paid for you. We will give you a discount code to sign in so please do not register for the Annual Conference on your own yet.
- This is part of the TOMODACHI Alumni Leadership Program generously sponsored by Prudential.
- Participated in a TOMODACHI Program.
- University student or young professional over the age of 20.
- Can speak on the impact of mentorship.
- Able to travel to Washington DC on their own.
- Available to engage in the full length of the USJC Annual Conference from November 7th to 9th 2023. Four days and three nights.
- Available for preparation and practice sessions in October and November.
- Able to provide a post conference report and be available for post conference interviews as needed.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) *The panel session will be conducted in English.
- Passion to share TOMODACHI experiences with others to show the impact of our programs and community.
- Interested & excited to stay engaged in U.S.-Japan relations.
Key Discussion Points:
- Personal Stories of Empowerment
- Panelists share their transformative journey through mentorship
- Overcoming challenges, seizing opportunities, and unlocking potential
- Cross-Generational Insights and Perspectives
- Explore the reciprocal learning and growth in mentorship
- Bridge gaps in experience and foster intergenerational understanding
- Mentorship in Japan and the U.S.
- Highlighting differences and similarities within Japanese and American mentorship styles and the pros of melding the two.
- Mentorship as a Catalyst for Innovation
- Discuss how mentorship cultivates innovation and diverse thinking
- Spark creativity, risk-taking, and transformative initiatives
- Building a Sustainable Mentorship Ecosystem
- Strategies for creating an inclusive and scalable mentorship ecosystem
- Focus on mentorship programs, networks, and continuous learning
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Global Leadership Speaker Award 2023”