Click on the album below to see the photos of the 13 finalists!
CAPTURE & SHARE YOUR TOMODACHI MOMENTS
TOMODACHI programs are transformative experiences, and we want to hear about yours.
Our programs are more than just a plane ticket. It’s the beginning of a transformative international adventure that includes cultural immersion, exposure to a new mindset, and personal empowerment.
That’s why we’d like to roll out for the first time, our Transformed by TOMODACHI Photo Contest to get a glimpse of your TOMODACHI memories.
If you are a current or former participant of one of our programs, share your experiences with us and submit your photos for a chance to have your photo showcased at the TOMODACHI Summit in September in Tokyo, selected for the 2018 TOMODACHI Calendar, and win a trip to the U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference at Washington D.C. in November 2017.
- First Place: A five-day trip to Washington D.C. to attend the 2017 U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference. Includes airfare, lodging, and a minor stipend.
- Second Place: 10,000JPY (or $100) Amazon Gift Card
- Third Place: 2,500JPY (or $25) Amazon Gift Card
- Fan’s Choice: 7,500JPY (or $75) Amazon Gift Card
Final twelve (12) finalists will be featured in the new 2018 TOMODACHI Calendar and be featured in the Expo at the TOMODACHI Summit on September 10th 2017.
- Photo contest is open to all current participants and alumni of TOMODACHI programs.
- Photos do not have to be taken during a TOMODACHI program, but they do need to be about the impact that the TOMODACHI experience has provided you.
- No entry fee. Unlimited entries.
- Photos will be judged by other TOMODACHI alumni online and at the TOMODACHI Summit based on Creativity, Execution, and Story. (Tip: We like photos with people and not just posed ones – although those are nice too!)
- The photo with the most likes will receive the Fan’s Choice Award.
- Entries must be submitted online (see below). All digital files must be in .jpg or .tiff format, must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi, and must be at least 11 inches wide and 14 inches tall (if a vertical image) or 14 inches wide and 11 inches tall (if a horizontal image).
- All participants must familiarize themselves with the complete Official Rules before making submissions.
- Winners will be required to sign the Media Consent Form (to be provided upon winning) in order to receive their prizes.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, follow the two-step process:
POST a photo with caption on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #tomophoto2017. Let us know you’ve posted by tagging us @tomoalumni (on Instagram) and @usjapantomodachi (on Facebook).
EMAIL email@example.com with the following information.
- Subject Line: Transformed by TOMODACHI Photo Contest Entry [your name]
- Attach the photo you posted in Step 1.
- Entrant’s Name
- Social Media Platform used for post (ex: Facebook, Instagram)
- TOMODACHI Program Affiliation (+ year of participation)
- Email Address (NO携帯メール)
- Phone Number (ex: 080-000-1111)
- Photo Title
- Photo Caption
- Date Photo was taken
- Location of the Photo
Note 1: If all the information required above is not provided, the entry will not be accepted.
Note 2: You’re welcome to post unlimited entries, but be sure to send only one entry per email.
Note 3: There is no entry fee. Unlimited entries, but only one photo per email.
DEADLINE: August 20, 2017 (Sunday) @ 23:59 Japan Time
Any photos submitted after this date will not be accepted.
For any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Photo Contest Questions.