- First Place: Yuka Iwabuchi (TOMODACHI Microsoft iLEAP Social Innovation and Leadership Program 2016; Kanto Region & Tohoku-Hokkaido Region)
- Second Place: Callie Kim (TOMODACHI Daiwa House Student Leadership Conference 2017; United States Region)
- Third Place: Kitoe Kumagai (TOMODACHI MetLife Women’s Leadership Program 2017; Kanto Region)
- Fan’s Favorite: Yuna Watanabe (TOMODACHI Summer SoftBank Leadership Program 2016; Tohoku-Hokkaido Region)
Click on the album below to see the photos of the 13 finalists!
All Finalists will be featured in the 2018 TOMODACHI Calendar that will be available at the USJC Annual Conference.
CAPTURE & SHARE YOUR TOMODACHI MOMENTS
TOMODACHI programs are transformative experiences, and we want to hear about yours.
Our programs are more than just a plane ticket. It’s the beginning of a transformative international adventure that includes cultural immersion, exposure to a new mindset, and personal empowerment.
That’s why we’d like to roll out for the first time, our Transformed by TOMODACHI Photo Contest to get a glimpse of your TOMODACHI memories.
If you are a current or former participant of one of our programs, share your experiences with us and submit your photos for a chance to have your photo showcased at the TOMODACHI Summit in September in Tokyo, selected for the 2018 TOMODACHI Calendar, and win a trip to the U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference at Washington D.C. in November 2017.
- First Place: A five-day trip to Washington D.C. to attend the 2017 U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference. Includes airfare, lodging, and a minor stipend.
- Second Place: 10,000JPY (or $100) Amazon Gift Card
- Third Place: 3,000JPY (or $30) Amazon Gift Card
- Fan’s Choice: 5,000JPY (or $50) Amazon Gift Card
Final twelve (12) finalists will be featured in the new 2018 TOMODACHI Calendar and be featured in the Expo at the TOMODACHI Summit on September 10th 2017.
- Photo contest is open to all current participants and alumni of TOMODACHI programs.
- Photos do not have to be taken during a TOMODACHI program, but they do need to be about the impact that the TOMODACHI experience has provided you.
- No entry fee. Unlimited entries.
- Photos will be judged by other TOMODACHI alumni online and at the TOMODACHI Summit based on Creativity, Execution, and Story. (Tip: We like photos with people and not just posed ones – although those are nice too!)
- The photo with the most likes will receive the Fan’s Choice Award.
- Entries must be submitted online (see below). All digital files must be in .jpg or .tiff format, must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi, and must be at least 11 inches wide and 14 inches tall (if a vertical image) or 14 inches wide and 11 inches tall (if a horizontal image).
- All participants must familiarize themselves with the complete Official Rules before making submissions.
- Winners will be required to sign the Media Consent Form (to be provided upon winning) in order to receive their prizes.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, follow the two-step process:
POST a photo with caption on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #tomophoto2017. Let us know you’ve posted by tagging us @tomoalumni (on Instagram) and @usjapantomodachi (on Facebook).
EMAIL email@example.com with the following information.
- Subject Line: Transformed by TOMODACHI Photo Contest Entry [your name]
- Attach the photo you posted in Step 1.
- Entrant’s Name
- Social Media Platform used for post (ex: Facebook, Instagram)
- TOMODACHI Program Affiliation (+ year of participation)
- Email Address (NO携帯メール)
- Phone Number (ex: 080-000-1111)
- Photo Title
- Photo Caption
- Date Photo was taken
- Location of the Photo
Note 1: If all the information required above is not provided, the entry will not be accepted.
Note 2: You’re welcome to post unlimited entries, but be sure to send only one entry per email.
Note 3: There is no entry fee. Unlimited entries, but only one photo per email.
DEADLINE: August 20, 2017 (Sunday) @ 23:59 Japan TimeThe voting has closed.
For any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Photo Contest Questions.